- When eating out, don’t arrive hungry; eat something before you leave home.
- Plan a control strategy.
- Eat the best and skip the rest!
- In a restaurant, pour salt, pepper or sugar over foods you want to leave uneaten.
- Share orders of high-calorie items with someone.
- If you are still hungry after the meal, wait at least 20 minutes before asking for more.
- Use alcoholic beverages sparingly before the meal.
- Wear an outfit with a snug waistband.
- Order a la carte.
- Order according to the length of time you will spend in the restaurant and according to whether or not you will be eating again soon.
- Ask someone to place your order for you. (This way you won’t have a chance to change your mind.)
- Order some vegetables or a salad to be brought to the table right away.
- Ask to have salad dressing brought in a separate dish.
- Instead of dessert, eat a chocolate-covered mint.
- Ask for a “doggy bag” to take extra food home.
BUFFETS AND CAFETERIAS
- Eat a plate of salad first.
- Use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate.
- Cover half of your dinner plate with green salad.
- Ask someone to get your food, and you get theirs.
- After eating, clear away your dishes before having coffee or tea.